Balinese Style Blue Crab and River Prawn at The Holy Crab
The Holy Crab Indonesia launched a few new creations this November. This time The Holy Crab has explored a few local Indonesian flavors to be adopted into its Louisiana Seafood concept. It has created its own version of two traditional and tasty sauces namely Bumbu Genep and Sambal Matah to provide customers with a memorable Lousiana Seafood experience with a local twist.
Together with the launch of these new sauces, The Holy Crab is also adding the River Prawn and Blue Crab into its seafood selections. Sourced from Indonesian waters, the Blue Crab distinguishes itself from the mud crab through its color. The shell is bluish in color with white patches. The crab meat is soft and dense; high in protein and low in fat. As for the River Prawn, it is sourced from Sumatera and Kalimantan. The size is much larger than regular prawns and its meat naturally has sweet and savory taste.
Customers can choose to enjoy the Blue Crab or River Prawn with a choice of 2 Balinese sauces, both formulated by Albert Wijaya, the owner and Executive Chef of Ersons Food.
1. Bumbu Genep ; a combination of 12 different spices
2. Sambal Matah; a combination of red onion and cayenne pepper along with 4 other ingredients.
“These new sauces are inspired by the exotic Balinese flavors; Bumbu Genep and Sambal Matah which are favoured by local residents and foreign tourists. Normally, these flavours are paired with chicken dishes, but now The Holy Crab is offering customers to taste the combination of these Balinese flavors and The Holy Crab’s premium seafood selection, “explains Albert Wijaya.
This launch is a way for The Holy Crab to showcase local Indonesian flavors without compromising its fun Louisiana-style dining experience; without plates and cutleries.
Louisiana Style Lunch Menu
In early November 2015, The Holy Crab Indonesia will also launch a new range of Louisiana-style dishes, such as the Mixed Seafood Dirty Rice, Jambalaya and Creole Rice to be served in its lunch menu, to bring in more of Louisiana flavors to Indonesia.
The Lunch Menu consists of:
– Rolls : Shrimp or Crab sandwich served with soup and Cajun Fries.
– Mixed Seafood Dirty Rice : Traditional Cajun dish made from white rice cooked with chicken liver slices and mixed seafood.
– Jambalaya : Louisana Style Dish made from rice, seafood, tomato and spices.
– Creole Rice : Rice with shrimp or crab with Cajun Sauce
– Crab Cake Burger : Lumpy crab meat patty on burger buns served with Cajun Fries
– Crispy Fish Burger : Deep fried dory fish fillet on burger buns served with Cajun Fries
These new dishes’ price range between Rp 55.000 – 145.000 and will be served exclusively for lunch from Friday to Sunday.
The Holy Crab Indonesia
The Holy Crab – BALI
Jl. Petitenget no. 50
Kuta Utara, Badung
T : +62 819 0122 2722
T : +62 819 0122-CRAB
T : +62 361 4741391