A global community whose focus is brotherhood, friendship, camaraderie and sharing a passion for the culinary arts
The written history of the guild of “Les Oyers” or “Goose Roasters” has been traced back to the year 1248. At that time King Louis IX, assigned Étienne Boileau, the Provost of Paris, with the task of bringing order into the organization of trades and guilds, developing young apprentices and improving the technical knowledge of guild members. He gathered together the charters of more than 100 of these trades, amongst them the Goose Roasters.
Since its rebirth, the society has grown dramatically, spreading its influence and presence worldwide. Today, the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs brings together professional and non-professional members from around the world who shares in the “spirit” of the Society and who appreciate and enjoy wine and fine dining. While a confrérie is a “brotherhood,” women have always been welcome and they take an active role in the Society. Within the Chaîne there is also the “L’Ordre Mondial des Gourmets Dégustateurs” for those members who have a special knowledge of, or interest in, wine and spirits.
The international headquarters known as the Siège Mondial remains in Paris where the society was founded, and at present day the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is still based on the traditions and practices of the ancient French brotherhood but now in an international and contemporary context.
Over the years, the activities and privileges of the Goose Roasters Guild were extended to preparing and selling all kinds of meat, including poultry and venison.
In 1509, during the reign of King Louis XII, some new statutes were introduced, which resulted in the change of the name of the guild to “Rôtisseurs” and its activities were restricted to poultry, game birds, lamb and venison. In 1610, under King Louis XIII, the guild was granted a royal charter and its own coat of arms.
For over four centuries, the “Confrérie” or brotherhood of the Roasters cultivated and developed culinary art and high standards of professionalism and quality standards befitting the splendor of the “Royal Table” until the guild system was disbanded, together with all others, in 1793 during the French Revolution. The Rôtisseurs were almost forgotten until 1950 when Dr. Auguste Becart , Jean Valbyand «Prince» Curnonsky, and chefs Louis Giraudon and Marcel Dorin resurrected the Society and created La Confrérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs.
Today, the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs invites all lovers of gastronomy, good food and fine wines to share its values of excellence and brotherhood, uniting us in the continuation of great culinary traditions. The distinctive character of this association brings together enthusiasts and professionals from all over the world in the appreciation of fine cuisine. Hoteliers, restaurateurs, executive chefs, sommeliers or individuals passionate about the culinary arts make up our membership.
The Jeunes Chefs Rôtisseurs and Jeunes Sommeliers international competitions were set up to encourage and develop the skills and ‘know-how’ of young chefs and sommeliers worldwide. This ‘succession planning’ is an important goal of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs thereby nurturing new talent.
With over 25,000 members, the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs has a presence in more than 80 countries bringing together enthusiasts who share the same values for quality, fine dining, the encouragement of the culinary arts and the pleasures of the table. We invite you to join us and be welcomed as part of our international community.
All members are welcome at international, national and local events. These are exceptional occasions to come together, interact, network and create new bonds of friendship.
Why become a member?
Membership of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is by personal invitation. Belonging to a truly international community brings a wealth of opportunities for members to participate in exciting events worldwide. These events, organized by national or local Bailliages, bring together people with a mutual interest in and passion for good food, conviviality and fellowship.
The benefits of an extensive international network and presence mean that members are welcome at any member establishment or dinner anywhere in the world. Chaîne membership is recognized internationally and is transferable worldwide.
• Prestigious international organization enjoying recognition in the culinary world.
• Unique combination of professionals and non-professionals.
• Access to global network of friends and colleagues with high level of camaraderie.
• Special welcome at professional member restaurants and hotels.
• Participate in unique gourmet events worldwide throughout the year.
• Chapitre events with organized cultural visits, excursions and private guided tours.
• Meet renowned chefs and vintners who are Chaîne members.
• Contribute your expertise and knowledge to the organization of the Chaîne.
• Join the Ordre Mondial des Gourmets Dégustateurs (OMGD) to promote the enjoyment, education and understanding of fine wines and crafted beverages.
• Participate in and contribute to the humanitarian activities and programmes of the ACCR, the Chaîne’s charity.
Benefits for Professionals
• The cornerstone of the fellowship is the professional member. This interaction between the professional and non-professional is what distinguishes the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs from other organizations.
• Provides a worldwide forum in which professional excellence is recognized.
• Partnership in raising standards for service and food higher and higher.
• Sharing creativity and innovation by pushing beyond what has been.
• Personal and professional growth through association with experts in their field.
• Opportunities for host venues to showcase their exceptional culinary and service skills.
• Priceless marketing opportunities for member establishments.
• Competitions for young professionals – Sommeliers and Jeunes Chefs.
Jl. Benda Raya No. 98 A-B, Cilandak, Jakarta 12560 - Indonesia
Phone: +6221 781 3212
Fax: +6221 781 2476
Inquiry : email@example.com
advertise : firstname.lastname@example.org
Jalan Pengubengan Kauh No.99 Kerobokan Kelod, Kuta Utara, Bali
Phone: +62 811 380 850 / +62 811 399 0072
Fax: +62 361 823 6722
Inquiry : email@example.com
advertise : firstname.lastname@example.org